This briefing outlines a range of gaps, limitations and problems in how we collect data on victims in the criminal justice system and explores the impact of these data gaps on outcomes for victims.
- Drug and alcohol treatment services for women: A guide to commissioning
- This briefing considers the three criminal justice Bills currently before Parliament and estimates the impact they will have on the demand placed on the prisons and probation.
- The Family Drug and Alcohol Courts Annual Report 2022/23 pulls together key figures on the activity and impact of these courts over the last year.
- New research calls for a specialised approach to drug and alcohol treatment for women
- This toolkit speaks to the strengths of community advice services, and outlines the key steps required to set one up.
Implementing Domestic Abuse Protection Notices and Orders
This briefing seeks to give an overview of the current landscape of protective orders and learnings that should be considered for the implementation of the new Domestic Abuse Protection Notices and Orders, ahead of their pilots due to start in 2024.
Painting half the picture: The draft code of practice on diversionary and community cautions
This briefing consists of the Centre for Justice Innovation's response to the consultation launched by the Ministry of Justice on the Draft Code of Practice for Diversionary and Community Cautions.
Public opinion and understanding of sentencing: Justice Select Committee Consultation Response
The Centre's consultation response to the Justice Select Committee's inquiry on public opinion and understanding of sentencing.
Case study: Highbury Community Advice
Community Advice Manager, Michelle McGuire, outlines the journey of a client from our Community Advice service based at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, from initial assessment to final check in. This case study offers an insight into the needs of those attending court, as well as of the support that this service offers.
Family Drug and Alcohol Courts: the evidence
This paper provides an overview of the existing research regarding Family Drug and Alcohol Courts and the evidence around family treatment courts more widely.